2012 Record: 95-67 (804 RS, 668 RA, 96-66 pythag. record), won AL East, swept in ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees plugged two big position player holes last week. First they signed Kevin Youkilis to a one-year deal worth $12M to play third base, then they re-signing Ichiro Suzuki to a two-year, $13M deal to play right field.
- Vernon Wells and maybe Michael Bourn were among the players the Yankees reportedly had interest in these last few days. On the other hand, Troy Glaus and Cody Ransom reached out to the team.
- CC Sabathia plans to begin throwing soon after Christmas following October surgery to remove a bone chip from his elbow, which is his usual offseason schedule.
- Left-hander Josh Spence was designated for assignment to clear room on the 40-man roster for Youkilis. The Yankees signed catcher Bobby Wilson and infielder Gil Velazquez to minor league contracts.
- The Yankees opted out of MLB’s secondary market agreement with StubHub and will forge a new agreement with TicketMaster.
- MLB hit the Yankees with an $18,917,994 luxury tax bill for the 2012 season.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team’s current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees’ overall future?